Thank you for visiting Global Food Safety Resource Center Inc., (GFSR). We appreciate the opportunity to interact with you on the Internet and are committed to protecting and safeguarding your privacy.
What is personal information?
What personal information do we collect, and why?
GFSR collects personal information for specific, limited purposes. Information is collected by a fair and lawful means;
• If you submit your personal or business information for registration for one or more of GFSR purchased products, we use your personal contact information for the purpose of administration, and reserve the right to use individual and corporate email addresses for the purpose of solicitation of its programs, products and services using e-marketing campaigns together or with regular updates of published e-newsletters and blog postings. Should you wish to not receive these emails, please notify us by the opt-out (“unsubscribe”) link at the bottom of every correspondence and your information will be removed at once.
• If you enter a contest or other promotion, we use your personal contact information to administer the contest or promotion including contacting, announcing and promoting prizewinners.
• If you complain to any of our departments, we collect your contact information and the nature of your complaint, for the purpose of investigating and responding to you in a timely manor.
• If you are a freelancer, or other service provider, we collect your social insurance number for tax reporting purposes and your contact information in order to pay you. We may also collect financial information (for example, banking details and credit history) to assess your credit risk, sales data to prepare royalty reports and other information to help us evaluate your services.
We also collect certain non-personal information, like internet cookies and data for market research:
To whom does GFSR disclose personal information, and why?
GFSR may disclose your personal information under the following circumstances:
• GFSR may transfer your personal information to service providers acting on its behalf in order to perform processing and other specialized services, for example, verification and validation of information, prize fulfillment of our contests, collection of overdue accounts, product delivery, or credit card processing.
• When GFSR needs to disclose your personal information to unrelated parties, for example, if we find you have violated any stated terms of service or conditions of purchase, or if we need to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests, other legal and regulatory authorities and other legal reasons.
Consent: We reserve the right to use and disclose your personal information without consent where required or permitted by law, for example, if we have reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful when investigating a contravention of a federal, provincial or foreign law, in order to protect or defend our legal interests, or to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests.
Safeguards: GFSR maintains personal information in a combination of paper and electronic files. We take technical, contractual, administrative and physical security measures to protect your personal information. When you provide credit card information to purchase GFSR products or services, you will be taken to a third party secured site (i.e. Internet Secure) that protects the security of your credit card information by using industry standard secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology. GFSR does not collect nor have access to your personal credit card information.
Regarding our privacy practices:
or 1-888-437-7395 x 105.
Customer Service can successfully deal with many issues. If you prefer, or if after contacting Customer Service, your concerns or questions have not been resolved to your satisfaction, you can contact GFSR’s President in writing at:
Tina Brillinger, President & CEO
Global Food Safety Resource Centre Inc.
17817 Leslie St., Unit 10
Newmarket, ON, Canada L3Y 8C6
Global Food Safety Resource Centre Inc. © 2010-2013. All rights reserved.